May 1 through September 30, Wonder Works will reserve Mondays and Tuesday for Private Visits only. Public visits can be scheduled Wednesday through Sunday during regular hours.
Wonder Works is a child-sized world, designed to stimulate the unique and natural learning abilities of young children, encouraging them to explore freely while using their imaginations to discover and learn. With experiences professionally designed to stimulate creative play, an explore at your own pace Field Trip program and affordable pricing, Wonder Works is the best place in Oak Park for early childhood outings.
Wonder Works offers all field trips unlimited access to the museum for up to three hours, welcoming groups with as few as 10 children to as large as 100 children. Wonder Works accepts field trips from all learning institutions and nonprofit groups. Wonder Works offers both private access to the museum or non-private access for smaller groups.
Wonder Works schedules field trips based on number of children attending. Please select the number of children in your group in the links to the right.
Scheduling Your Trip
- Wonder Works was designed and is intended for children from 0 to 8 years of age.
- Must be scheduled in advance.
- Field Trips may be held any day of the week, anytime of day, except Fridays.
- Lunchroom is sometimes used for other activities; please check availability when scheduling your group.
- Can be scheduled over the phone, by email, mail or fax.
- No deposit is required to schedule.
- Payment is due day of, but may be made previous to trip.
- Wonder Works reserves the right to schedule multiple trips at the same time.
- Field Trip is charged for attending persons, not for scheduled persons.
- Field Trips may be a maximum of three hours long.
- Field Trips held during regular business hours Monday-Thursday can be held by any group with a minimum of 10 children.
- Field Trips held during private hours or on weekends may be scheduled by nonprofit and educational groups only, other groups can reserve private access using the Party Program
When you arrive at Wonder Works
- Parking for cars and vans is available in rear of building, on Elmwood ave north of the alley, or North Ave (metered).
- Bus parking is limited and is available on Elmwood next to Wonder Works.
- Entrance is in the rear of building.
- A coat room is available upon entering Wonder Works.
- Sign in at front desk upon entering - payment is due at this time. Wonder Works will accept cash, business/personal checks and Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay and POs arrange in advance
- A brief orientation will be given by museum team members at the beginning of your visit.
Amenities and Responsibilities
- Attending adults are responsible for all members of the Field Trip.
- Refrigerator/freezer and microwave are available for use.
- Wonder Works offers light snacks only, all lunch food must be brought in or delivered, please remember that Wonder Works is a peanut free facility.
- Maximum seating in the snack room is 20 children.
- Each child attending will receive two free guest passes to use on a return trip.
To reserve your field trip, please stop by or call the museum at 708.383.4815.